GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:16:59 EST
Having brutally murdered 15 innocent children and maiming even more, the
Gambia government has managed to ratchet up it's cruelty with a vile and
churlish declaration absolving itself. Knowing that even a weak and utterly
compromised commission would have to say the gov't had the guns and killed
the kids, the AG just announced a flat out rejection calling the report
unacceptable. The reasons he advanced were specious and amounted to Satanic
rationalizations for what was clearly a state sanctioned massacre. In a cold
and calculated manner the AG faults the commission for not entirely
attributing all of the events of the 10 and 11on the students. He portrays
the students as scheming and dangerous in a bid to explain the tremendous
brutality meted out to them. Not once in his diatribe has he even suggested
heavy-handedness on the part of the security forces.
      Like the majority of Gambians I consider the murder of the kids as an
univestigated national tragedy  that would be a top priority of our new
President come November. All of the opposition politicians are on record as
promising a thorough judicial inquest followed by swift prosecution. We
simply cannot go on as a nation if we let murderers go free and consign the
families of their victims to perpetual denial of justice. We will have our
own version of the Nuremberg trials with everyone brought on the docket. This
is going to mean the entire cabinet, murderous security operatives and all
those who have aided and abetted terror on the Gambian people. We know who
they are. We are meticulously cataloguing their crimes. Yahya Jammeh would be
the first defendant.
Karamba