GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:51:10 GMT
Gambia-L:

Another e-mail from of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

Ebrima,

Tell Malanding Jaiteh that we know Ex-ADC Lalo Jaiteh very well and we can
vow that he is an honest, intelligent and a very professional soldier for
that matter with lots of potentials. I did have some official overseas trips
with him and was always impressed by his tact, calmness and dedication to
serve his country. Lalo Jaiteh has been "framed up", but those of us who had
worked with him in the Service are clear in our minds that he had been "set
up" by none other than the dictator himself. Ebrima, this government is only
good at one thing and that is telling lies or fabricating stories. Just take
Dumo Saho as an example. They arrested him on the (alleged) grounds that he
was believed to be "involved in subversive activities", but when they
realised that they couldn't convince no one with their fabricated story on
Dumo, they (NIA) then decided to concoct another story. Now, they are saying
that they had an "advanced report" to the effect that a container
(allegedly) belonging to Dumo Saho and heading to the Gambia from Europe,
was carrying "illicit drugs". Who are they fooling, apart from themselves?
Ebrima, Dumo Saho decided to come back home to serve his country dedicatedly
and, in return, this is what they are paying him. So, Ebrima, tell Malanding
that we do know about the innocence of Lalo, Omar Darbo, Dumo and all the
others "kidnapped"; we also know that these were very hard working people.
Anyway, Ebrima, I am actually writing this piece to once again complain
about the lack of follow ups by the politicians here in the Gambia to the
many leads myself and others are providing through the L. At least, with the
Independent Media here at home, one can forgive them because they do not
have the resources, both human and financial, to investigate all these many
leads myself, Ebou Colley and others are giving them. What I cannot
understand however is this: why is it that the politicians, especially those
Members of the National Assembly, are not doing follow ups on the many leads
we are giving them? Take an issue as serious as the unlawful presence of the
Guinea Bissau and Moroccan commandoes in the Gambia and yet not a single
Parliamentarian in the House has ever asked in Parliament under what
circumstances are these foreign soldiers brought to Gambian soil. In fact if
it was not the Polodi incident, the Jammeh regime would never have confirmed
the presence of the Guinea Bissau soldiers in the Gambia. As for the
Moroccan guards, they are still here; I have seen them with my naked eye and
I know how they came to this country, but no Parliamentarian, in opposition
or in the Ruling Party, is pressing or asking in House: why do we have to
have Moroccan soldiers in the Gambia? Chief of Staff Jatta denied the
presence of the Moroccan guards in the Gambia when he was asked by the
Independent Newspaper, but of course no one should expect that buffoon to
confirm such a sensitive story for him. It is duty of our MPs to demand from
the government the confirmation or denial of these stories through the forum
of the House. Again, I am telling Gambians that there are Moroccan
commandoes guarding the dictator of Kanilai and I expect the
Parliamentarians to do a follow up to this lead I am giving them. Meanwhile,
my diplomatic contacts have confirmed to me that the Swiss Bank account,
where the funds derived from the sale of the Crude Oil are kept, is actually
in the name of "JAMUS JAMMEH". His first name YAHYA is omitted for reasons
only known to Yahya himself and the Bank. And the last time I reported on
the account, there was $114 million US dollars in it; but within this short
period of time, the money kept in the account has since increased. As I send
this e-mail to you, there is $127 million dollar in it. Therefore, I am
urging the Parliamentarians to do follow ups on this particular account. Let
them raise it in the House or hire their own investigators to look into the
matter. We also know that Yahya has another account with the Bank Malian
tycoon Babading Cissoho dubbed in the United Arab Emirate. In fact, the Bank
was even threatening at one point, to seize Yahya's money with them if
Babading failed to settle his debt. It is not clear how Yahya came to be a
party to the Babading loan from the Bank, but what we do know as a fact is
that it was Babading who introduced Yahya to the Bank. And there was $19
million US dollars in Yahya's account the last time we found out. Ebrima,
all I want to say to Gambians is that Yahya has come to loot the wealth of
our Nation, and the earlier he is removed the better it is. Thanks.