GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ahmad Scattred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:08:49 -0500
Ebrima,

given Saul's account of his exchange with Mr. Ford, it may be prudent for us
to approach the issue delicately.  All indications are that he is giving the
matter some attention. The primary objective is to deny Jammeh & co. even
the semblance of legitimacy through the conference and similar events.

Besides, the best way to react to Ford may be to hear from "the horse's own
mouth," and not solely on the basis of secondary sources.

Thanks.
Amadou Scattred Janneh
ps: I will also send info I gather from Ford (a fellow alumnus of Knoxville
College).