GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:08:09 -0700
Sheikh, if you want to donate money for the storage or
shipping, please contact Albury.  See his phone
numbers at the bottom of my original message.

--- Sheikh Tejan Nyang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Sigga,
> If you need any assstance from this end, i shall be
> more than willing to give a helping hand.
> Chi Jamma,
>
> Sigga jagne wrote:
>
> > BRIEF UPDATE ON OUR EFFORTS FOR THE VICTIMS
> > NOTE: PLEASE READ INFOR. BELOW ABOUT THE CANCER
> > SCREENING MACHINE AND HOW YOU CAN HELP IN THE
> EFFORT
> > TO GET IT TO THE GAMBIA
> >
> > Hey how is everyone?  I've been real busy with
> work,
> > school and my quest to help the April 10 victims.
> On
> > that end, we (Yankuba Njie and I) have progressed
> much
> > more and the boys are now in some of the final
> stages
> > of their applications to a particular hospital (in
> the
> > U.S.).  We have helped them to acquire certain
> > documents such as passports, and birth
> certificates,
> > and medical records (which sometimes proofed
> difficult
> > to attain from RVH), as required by the hospital.
> We
> > have added a fourth victim to our help list and
> have
> > also been assisting him, financially etc (Just as
> we
> > have been doing with the other three).  His
> picture
> > and infor. will soon be added to our mygambia.org
> > website.  We have also been networking with
> different
> > organizations such as ADNA, Doctors without
> Borders,
> > and Physicians for Human Rights, with the help of
> Mr.
> > Katim Touray, Ya Soffie Ceesay, and  James Gomez,
> Jnr.
> >  In fact, Ya Soffie, met with ADNA on our behalf,
> > after, Katim put us in touch with some key persons
> at
> > the organization.  We still need your support,
> please
> > go to the mygambia.org and make a donation, even
> if
> > $0.50 trust me, it will help.  The boys have been
> very
> > grateful for your donations which have gone a long
> way
> > in helping them acquire some of their documents.
> We
> > keep a detailed explanation from them about how
> they
> > utilize every penny we send to them.  And we also
> keep
> > a detailed financial statement of every penny that
> is
> > withdrawn from the bank account, and it is all
> used,
> > only, in connection with the boys needs.  Any of
> you
> > can request and see those documents.  The boys
> > call/E-mail us almost every week about the status
> of
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS, WHETHER ONE IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"