GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:11:16 EDT
I haven't read through your long tirades, but you might  as well accept the
uncompromising  truth that Halifa has been,  and is now in the enviable
position of shaping Gambia's political evolution,  once again.

    There is no Gambian politican whose impact has so  fundamentally changed
the dynamics in our political culture; and has nurtured a  generation of well
oriented Gambians, politically conscious, independent-minded,  and who are
poised to be the progressive leaders of the future than in the  person of Halifa
Sallah.

     Halifa's undisputable role in the Gambia's  political evolution is not
an accident. It is deliberate, constructive and  objective. It is not
transient; it is not glorifying and it is not  sanctimonous. It is a deliberate effort
to raise the awareness of a people; a  conscious effort to shape the destiny
of a nation, and an unwavering  commitment to see the birth of a nation whose
people are dignified and proud,  and are the architects of their own destiny.

    This has been and is the mission that has guided  Halifa's profound
intellect, his shrewd political disposition, his acute  sense of history and his
mastery of the dialectics of our  contemporary Gambian politics.

    It is therefore not surprising, that this person who is  in the center of
the Gambia's political evolution; this person who can  dictate the course of
events in our political history and who has the ability to  transform the
whole political landscape, is now the subject of the most  vile and vicious
disparaging of his character all because he stands in  the way of people who
desperately wants their candidate to be president.

   Being so incline in their subjectivity, and with the  desire to
rationalize their contempt for his  being, all sorts of  unfounded claims has been
brought against him. Halifa has in no uncertain terms,  justify the rationalization
behind his support of the 1996 constitution. It was  better to have a country
with a constitution even if it was deficient in certain  respects, than to
have a country with no constitution and govern by  decrees.

   It is simplistic to assume that because the country is  predominantly a
certain ethic group, therefore most, if not all of that ethnic  group, will
support a political party of that constituency.

  I  hope the majority of the Gambian people will be receptive to  ideas that
will make the country stable and prosperous; will support the  candidature of
people who are knowledgable, sincere and have the best interest  of the
country at heart.

     Rene

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい