GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malamin Barrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:07:30 +0300
------- Original Message -------
From    : [log in to unmask][mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent    : 2/24/2007 5:26:18 AM
To      : [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc      :
Subject : FW: RE: [>-<] Is there a cure for HIV/AIDS?

 A claim by any ordinary person to have a " cure " for one of the most intractable medical conditions of the century is in itself a major issue; however, when that claim is from the sitting president of a country who has neither medical nor scientific training, and uses his authority to intervene in the medical treatment of hospital patients is great cause for concern.

It is distressing, say "unbearable" to see President (Dr) jammeh all gloved up, examining patients on their hospital beds, and administering medication to these patients whilst hospital and medical staff, and indeed the world looks on.

Even more alarming is the fact the official medical establishment, in the office of the minister of health services, in disregard of all scientific and medical ethics,appears to cooperate by issuing medical bulletins endorsing (Dr) Jammehs actions. Their culpability extends into giving out meaningless and confusing laboratory data that purports to support (Dr) Jammeh's claims.They clearly are aiding and abetting(Dr) Jammeh in this manifestly dubious enterprise. An assault is being perpetrated on these patients who's dignity and privacy is being so obviously violated.

If not (Dr) Jammeh, at least the minister of medical services ought to know that this is not the way medical and scientific breakthroughs are announced to the world. Instead of allowing oneself to be sucked into this collective psychosis, the learned minister of health should assure the world community of a few basic facts/questions pertaining to this bizarre situation. If not the community at large, at least the medical and scientific bodies need to know:

1) The clinical status of these patients before taking "Dr Jammehs concoction .
2) The laboratory profiles of the patients before Jammeh's intervention.
3) What are the constituents of Dr jammehs portions.
4) Why are the tests being performed in Dakar, when our very own MRC has both the proximity and capacity to verifiably collect and test blood samples from these "Aid Patients"
5) Being that the whole exercise is so secretive, if not outright wacky, why should we not assume that anti retroviral drugs are being clandestinely added to Dr Jammehs "holy water".

You see, if this was the case of another "SERIGN" claiming supernatural powers, we would not be greatly concerned. Such claims are not uncommon in our part of the world. The fact that it is the country's president, who is said by some to have improved access to medical treatment; but now turns around to potentially bring the entire health system into disrepute, is to say the least very sad.

We hope the Dr will disseminate his new found knowledge so that many more of his subjects can be saved!!!

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい