GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cherno Omar BARRY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cherno Omar BARRY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:44:34 +0100
My condences to Mrs Amie Sillah, Mr Ousman Sillah and Mr Sulayman Sillah for
the lost of their dear brother, Comrade Ebou Sillah.
I remember clearly, few days before leaving Tha Gambia and a week before his
(last/latest) works of art were to be inaugurated (statures at Bakau near
the Nde'ban Clinic, at Sting corner, Cape Point etc) I was coming from
Nde'ban Clinic and taking the round about towards the Friendship Hotel and
saw Comrade. He stopped me and I congratulated him for his beautiful job
(his artworks were covered by a white cloth waiting for the inauguration)
and he said "Boy, lee lany am fii. Yawitt yangeh deff sa wallah!" meaning
'this is what we have here and you are also doing your part.' This 'part'
was in reference to an invitation I gave him to join the participants of the
biggest international conference ever organised in The Gambia bringing
together more than 80 intellectuals around the world for which I was the
Co-convener in The Gambia. Comrade was happy beyond words particularly when
he accompanied us to Juffureh and James Island where he has also left his
artistic mark.

We have lost a great person and I am sure few people are aware of this.
However, thorugh his artwork, he shall remain for several other decades in
our minds.

May Allah recieve you in heaven, Comrade, brother and May the weigh of the
earth be light on you!!! Amen.

Cherno Omar BARRY

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい