GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin B Jammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:14:57 EST
Mr Ceesay,
  I read your posting on the above subject with keen interest especially the
issue of BBC hosting a programme or a forum to discuss the current political
situation of the Gambia.This is a noble idea and i personally think it is a
great idea if only the people you mentioned are able to take part.

The political state of the Gambia cannot be discussed without the
representation of the present government,the opposition,the
media,women,interlectuals,donors and ofcourse the youths. Time has come for
the people of the Gambia to stand firm and guide our country towards self
fulfillment.

We must realise that Gambia is for us and that we must not sit back and see
events unfold in our country that will result in the sufferings of the
Gambian masses. One best way to do this i believe is to involve the
government,the opposition and all those people who can actually discuss the
burning issues, into constructive dialogue that can forge a way forward for
our country.

As women and youths cannot be left out in this forum,may i therefore suggest
Dr. Mariam Ceesay and a representative, of youths which could possibly come
from any youth organisation.

Thank you once again for that brilliant thinking and i hope others will
welcome the idea.
Greetings!
Lamin B Jammeh.