GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:44:03 +0000
Abdoulaye, thanks for bringing this to our attention.  This administration
is lost in the wilderness.  Yus, like Sallah, Musa Sillah is also a bright
mind in his own right.  He and the late Koro Ceesay go way back from Primary
School where they came out first and second in their class to Gambia High
Sixth form and on to higher education abroad.  Why do we have all these
intelligent minds put themselves at the mercy of these nonentities?  Deep
down, these people know that the majority in this administration don't
operate with a full deck, but for some reason are willing to hang around.
It is very interesting that the landed are fired and the unschooled remain,
only in Gambia.  Sedat, Mendy, Mbenga, Jallow, Taal, Sillah, Sallah, etc.,
all very intelligent, and all scapegoated.  Remaining are the wise fellows
in the name of Diatta, Badjie, Singhateh, Jammeh, Jarju, etc.,.  You watch,
they are going to muzzle themselves (Sillah and Sallah)  and will not
comment on the circumstances of their dismissals.

What would it take for Jammeh to understand that the current meltdown is the
result of his bad policies and the economic forces of DEMAND and SUPPLY?
Yus is on track to point out that the groundnut saga and the economic
meltdown preceeded these two gentlemen, but like everything else with this
administration, they've got to have a scapegoat.  Stay tuned, this is just
the new low.