GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:31:52 -0400
Sanusi"
"You are spot on! I for one always had the belief that
Waa is not against a United Coalition. However he
wants to see that the democratic is in place before we
can envisage having a United Coalition."

Sanusi,
This is where I got confused. I am of the opinion, for stategic purposes, a united opposition can
be lot more effective in making sure the democratic environment is in place before 2006. Why fight
it on a patisan basis. If the parties come together, get their house in order and with one voice
make their demands in regards to the changes they would like to see, whether changes at the IEC
and all other issues pertinent to free and fair elections. Unless you guys thing formation of a
coalition is mutually exclusive to the other issues at hand.

Thanks
Musa Jeng