GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou toure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:28:21 +0000
The way my mind works is the way that (I hope) the mind of any
thinking and sincere Gambian works given our present predicament:
jawara and ppp are not the issue today but a tyrannical regime and the
burning urge for democracy to return to that land. Nobody is stopping
any other from criticizing jawara and PPP, but if  this is done only to
paint a better picture of the jammeh regime, that
will be resisted.

You decried: "The fact that your mind works this way brother, is one
of the major
reasons that africa and Africans are wallowing at the bottom of the
World's feet…"

First I don't understand what is meant by Africa being "at the bottom
of the world's feet". You have to disclose your measures, remembering that
countries or continebts you may consider to be on top are by some measures
or categories at the bottom. Second, I
don't think that  a single ordinary person like Abdou can be used to
throw aspersions on all Africans. By implication, you count yourself
among the "good, progressive Africans", but I would like to see your
postings here reflect that. You have in the past accused people of one
thing or another while you commit the same things you accuse others
of. Eg. Referred to some of Ebou Colly's remarks as "hint of
arrogance", but you audaciously called for former PPP officials to
engage in some "community services", rather than returning to politics
(to me that is condescending and arrogant); referred to somebody
else's recent remarks as "pompous", while you thought it okay to refer
to my posting as "simplistic" and "irrelevant" as if you are the
moderator of a debating session.

For me, the focus at present is on restoring and advancing democracy
in the Gambia and like Hamjatta I will support any party or
combination of any parties  committed to that objective..

AT