GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:33:57 +0100
Mrs Jallow,
    I did not heap insult on your man. I question his morality and conscience, and anyone else for that matter who serves under Jammeh.

"Dave if I was a minister under Jammeh and this tragedy occurred, I will not resign. I will stay and face the music. You don't run away because things have fallen apart, (tragically, in this case one cannot bring back lost lives) but you stay and make sure things are put together of what is left!"

You should not be in a position to be a minister in Jammeh's government in the first place, if you have any morals. We all know that Jammeh is the devil himself, but  he has never put a gun to anyone's head serve under him, they all do at their own accord. I stand corrected on this though.
What is left there to fix, the country has gone past that stage, if these morons stay in power. You explain to me how after six years, countless murders, disappearances, looting and thuggery, what else is there for this government to do/fix?

"About 'sleeping in the same bed' with this man; I am yet to find a reason not to. Let us wait for the day he is charged with murder, theft, abduction or any other vice that is contrary to what is expected of him in that office!"

The reason for not sleeping in the same bed with this man is a moral one. If you have any morals at all, then even the thought of that should be enough to make you sick.

Am off to work now, but shall finish this piece tonight when I get home.

You have a good day.
Manneh