GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:04:25 EDT
Yusupha Jow,

I beg your pardon, but is it not rather pompous of you to term other people's
opinion as rubbish and yours as the clear headed one?
I think it goes without saying that the main focus here is to make sure
Jammeh is removed. This therefore is what makes this situation even more
ridiculous that some of the players in this game have opted to play some
games that may leave the butcher's regime intact.
Jawara's regime may not have been as bloody as the present one, but does this
mean we have to go back to it when we can aspire to a better one, and all we
have to do is to cooperate in that effort instead of playing games in the
process. It is the methods employed that show us the kinds of people who are
aspiring to lead us, and so long as supposedly intelligen Gambians are ready
to pay lip service to unethical methods of doing things, the nwe deserve
whatever we end up with. It is this same kind of thinking that has resulted
in a lot of people who had a bone to pick with the Jawara regime believing
that the way to show their displeasure and take revenge is to join the
murderous APRC government., and it is also the same logic that takes the view
that because Jawara killed less people than the APRC regime, then it is OK
for them to wiggle back into Gambin politics.
We end up with what we creat. If we do not demand excelence in our leaders,
tnwe will not get it. I am amazed that no one else seems to see that the best
effort to organize this alliaance was not put forward, but  instead think
that this is just  OK.

Yes, it goes without saying that the other opposition parties can form an
allinace since the UDP/PPP one has excluded them obviously, but one has to
admit that one united opposition would have been much better.

I make no apologies for my assesment of the situation, and my insistance that
those who aspire to lead us have to act in good faith and in a transparent
manner, otherwise, we are just fooling ourselves. I have every right to
express that no matter how others see it.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 8/27/01 12:24:28 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]