GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SEEDY AHMED <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:43:18 GMT
Ebou,
I really agreed with the only way forward. Jammeh and his group know that
the USA, UK and others cannot do anything as far as the Gambia is concern.
We in the Gambia are realy suffering. Thank to the few cyber-cafes where we
can access the net.
Is really high time for the oppositions leaders to come together and show
Jammeh that he is nothing but a man. He cannot kill the whole country or put
all of 6ft or 10ft deep. We all cannot be put in prisons. We the help of
Gambia-l the outside world is now getting the massage. Please you down there
make the best use of the western media to let the people on the ground know
what is taking place.
Jammeh knows that the whole Gambia do not like him. He is will to use all
the power with him to destroy the Gambia. I think Jammeh have some mental
problem.
Halifa, Darboe, Bah, Jatta and other please rise up. Is high time for you to
come together as one group with the aim of removing Jammeh.
You all knows what Jammeh is really doing to our country. His this six years
in power will cost us another twenty five years or more to pay for it. Do
you people know that when when NAWEC swithes power in the Banjul ( AS THE
CAPITAL), people start celebrating just beacuse electricity is swith on.
Ma-men even eletricity is a trouble. Food is a problem. Six years ago, a bag
of 50kg bag of rice cost around D130 to D135, and now it is costing D225.
Six years ago the one dollar is about D10 to D11 and now it is about D14 to
D14.50. Ma-men is high time for some thing to happen.