GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:21:46 GMT
Mr. Ambassador,

To add to what Yus has said, your attempt to exonerate your govt without
being seen as the govt spokesman reeks of sickening hypocrisy. You see Mr.
Sey, things like this savagery are becoming common place in our nation,
thanks to Yaya Jammeh. The problem is not the ignoramuses in uniform, it's
the ENVIRONMENT that enables them to commit such atrocities with impunity.
Now, who created that environment? Simply Mr. Essa Bokarr, you have an
incredible bad taste to even attempt such shameless cover-up of the SOURCE
of this butchery!

If you already know the names of the murdered students, why don't you list
their names! I have no doubt that when the dust settles, neither you nor
Yaya Jammeh's blood relatives will be among the victims! We're talking about
a regime that lets it's soldier beat up women for no reason, a regime that
lets soldiers rape school girls with impunity, a regime that lets anyone in
uniform act as a personification of the law. And you wonder why people hate
the regime? And people are jumping to conclusions regarding the wanton
murder of 13 people according to the latest figures? What in the world could
possibly justify the killing of 13 people including 6/7 school children? And
we should all keep quiet and be patient, and wait for the govt's
investigation! Is'nt this the same govt that is still "investigating" the
brutal murder of Ousman Korro Ceesay more than five years after the fact?
Who the hell are you to tell Gambians we cannot express our outrage against
the madness that our country has become thanks to Yaya Jammeh, and
shameless, greedy, and hypocritical professionals like yourself? You ought
to be ashamed of yourself!  Ousman Bojang speaks for the majority of
Gambians whether you like it or not!

Because I'm tired, and currently nursing a pounding headache, I'll cut this
short, but be assured that your attempt to pre-empt a critique of your sorry
defence of this govt will not succeed. You happen to represent a corrupt,
inept, illegitimate, and totally barbaric regime. If you're comfortable with
that, that's your choice. But if you think that you can put up a bunch of
crap on this List to defend the indefensible, and get away with it, you're
simply dreaming in Cloud Cuckoo Land. If needs be, I'll take up this issue
tomorrow when I'm feeling better. Since you're spoiling for a ping-pong, I
await your rejoinder with alacrity.

Goodnight.

Saul.