GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:10:02 EST
In a message dated 11/18/99 7:24:26 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Thank you for the clarification,  now that it is confirmed that it has
nothing
 to do with Islam. Then we will revist the culture and tradition of where it
 came from and why?
 I also hope that the message will get home as well.

 Until then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 The Struggle Continues!!!
 Ndey Jobarteh

On this same note, l had heard somewhere that in order for an un-married
woman to perform the Hajj, she must find someone to marry her first. l have
been assured by some people knowledgeable in the deen that this is not true.
Perhaps you can make a comment on this brother Modou Mbye Jabang.

Jabou Joh