GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 06:14:23 -0400
Comrades:

The APRC government has denied rumors flying in diaspora that it would report anti-APRC undocumented Gambians to the U.S. Immigration.  My reliable source has assured me that no such thing was in place.  I also assured my reliable source that I will hold him/her responsible if a single anti-Jammeh element is reported to the U.S. Immigration.

I reminded my reliable source that if a single anti-Jammeh element is arrested in the U.S., I will reveal his/her identity.  I also reminded the source that the APRC government might be helping  anti-Jammeh elements because the U.S. Immigration will not depot a subject to a country in which they may face possible  retaliation from a dictatorial government.  I affirmed my stance  that undocumented Jammeh supporters may face easy deportation because they will not face retaliation from the "Mansa of Kaninlai."

It should concern all Gambians that our efforts in helping our parents in the Gambia should transcend beyond political boundaries.  No government or anti-government element should stoop that low in reporting fellow Gambians.

I recommend that we get along fine and empower ourselves as immigrants, irrespective of our ideologies.  It is disturbing that we cannot get along for a strong African community.  We must not let politics divide us.  We must move above negatives and take advantage of the American dream.

I hope my reliable source reads this message.  I will hold you
accountable if a single anti-Jammeh element is arrested by the U.S. Immigration. Please keep to your word.

I hope this settles the matter.  I also hope we can now move forward and imprenate a Gambia without the "Mansa of Kaninlai."

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh

Naphiyo,
Comrade ML Conteh