GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 21:41:35 EDT
Ebrima:

On the soccer thing, I am very excited for this talented young man.  It seems as if Sir Alex is looking to perhaps get a few good young players from Africa.  I wish Artur all the best.

BTW, what happened to the Kah kid who also tried out with Man U?  I also had the opportunity to watch Jatto Ceesay play for Willem II recently.  His style of football is very Gambian with his endless 'kata' moves.  He is full of energy though and seems to be the main man on the team.  John Carew is also quite impressive.  Imagine a Scorpions squad with Kah, Jatto, Artur and Carew? I daresay that we would become a regional power.  If our arch-nemesis, Sierra Leone, can beat the SuperEagles, I see no reason why a Scorpons squad with all the above players cannot achieve the same task.  But those damn Norwegians (BTW, will not qualify WC) are stealing all the sons of our soil. (laugh)

Omar Drammeh, Big Mamma smashed in 4 goals against LA the other night.  The American MLS is fast improving.

On the article, culled the article from some website, probably something to with Amnesty International.  It is an interesting reflection on the past elections which is perinent since the next elections are coming up. Hopefully, it will be a brief reminder to us which will help us  the opposition avoid the travails of the past.

I also visited UDP's website in an effort to perhaps have some of my suggestions heard by the  UDP leadership.  I am expecting a lambasting because my views are perhaps not popular. This is their site URL if anyone is interested.

http://www.udpgambia.org/content.htm