GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 02:10:45 +0200
George,

Mr Bojang was here in Oslo about 3 years ago to present his credentials to the king of Norway, as Gambian High Commissioner to Britain. The Gambian community here had a meeting with him, and I asked him what his government had thought of doing regarding the plight of many Gambians languishing in Turkish jails. His response was that he was not aware of this, but that his government was going to look into it. When the man comes to Atlanta, can someone "remind" him? It`s been almost three years since, and I bet the brothers are gradually rotting in Turkey- The sickman of Europe. There were other issues too that had been aired by others like that of dual nationality, and Mr Bojang promised them that he would do his utmost, but that was the last time they ever heard from him. Again can someone "remind" him?

Regards,
Omar.