GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:21:00 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below has again come one of my authoritative sources in the
Gambia. Again, I hope Yaya Jammeh would not change his mind if he realises
that his intention to sack Kebba Ceesay has once again been leaked to
Gambia-L. Anyway, read my source's e-mail below:

Ebrima

Ebrima,

Kebba Ceesay, who was appointed less than three months ago, as the Director
of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), will also be fired. Yahya Jammeh
will finally appoint his influential relative, Abdoulie Kujabi, the current
Deputy Director of the NIA, to replace Kebba Ceesay as the new Director of
the NIA.

The entire Civil Service and the Security Apparatus of Yahya Jammeh will
soon disintegrate, thanks to Jammeh himself. Please just continue to apply
the pressure from outside. We at home are also doing our part. There is no
letting up now. By the way, efforts are underway in Banjul with the help of
"friends" to have the Crude Oil Saga taken up by President Obasanjo in
conjuction with the Nigerian government's investigations of the Abacha
regime and his loot of the Nigerian Treasury.

As soon as I have the proper address and/or e-mail. I will make it available
to the L for a letter writing campaign to have President Obasanjo personally
supervise this particular issue so that the proceeds from the Crude Oil deal
are returned to the Nigerian people.