GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamadi Banna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:59:18 +0000
It seems Imam Fatty has a selective reading of the Holy Quran or of the Holy
Scriptures, for that matter.  I'm yet to hear him condemn President Jammeh
for graft, the intimidation, arrest and abitrary detention and or murder of
innocent civilians.  Now that his achilles heal has been touched, Imam Fatty
sounds like he is all of a sudden on a crusade against the Jammeh
government.

I personally will not be carried away by the antics of a religious man who
continues to pray and associate himself with a government that has shed the
blood of its own children in broad daylight, without any compunction.

The likes of Mr. Fatty sow seeds of discord between people in order to grab
attention.  I think he should quit chastising other religions and instead
promote tolerance and peace.

By the way, Mr. Jallow, Mr. Joof was entirely correct to refer to The
Gambian Constitution as an instrument 'of law'.  In legal parlance, legal
documents such as national constitutions, treaties, international
agreements, etc. can generally be called instruments of law.

Hamadi.