GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:43:08 GMT
Co-ordinating Committee Members,

I did read Buharry's piece, but for some reason I thought he was talking
about a seperate European thing in reference to Sam Sarr of PDOIS's
nomination. This whole thing is supposed to be a truly national, and totally
non-partisan effort. I don't know Mr. Sarr personally, but I've met him
countless times at his residence, and from all indications, he's a decent
person. Regardless, Sam Sarr is one of three people who are literally
synonymous with PDOIS. Question: Isn't it obvious that Sam's mere
participation in leading our effort on the ground will at the very least
raise eyebrows! I won't even go into the implications.

I realize that our country is in very bad shape in more ways than we like to
admit, but I have no doubt that we can find at least a dozen decent fellow
citizens (if needs be,) who have absolutely no ties to any of the political
parties, or politicians in the Gambia. It's our job to identify those
individuals and give them the assignment. Sam Sarr's nomination is a bad
idea. How about forming a small group including JPs, some lawyers, and
retired school teachers? Anybody BUT someone affiliated with a political
party!

Saul.