GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bulli Dibba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:22:27 CDT
Ebou  Jallow;

I may not agree with you on some issues especially your response to the
three million-dollar allegations hanging over your head. However it is not
my responsibility to prove you guilt or otherwise and I am willing to give
you that benefit of the doubt. I go online every day and I like reading
every single contribution on Gambia - L by Gambians with a positive
approach.  I don't know you but I most admit that I found your postings on
Gambia-L very interesting and educative a times. I think it is important
for you to know that and to continue sending in more contributions on
important issues despite some negative response from some folks.

It is unfortunate and sad that some Gambians have wrongfully chosen this
medium of communication (Gambia-L) as a weapon to attack and destroy the
character of other decent Gambians. I knew many Gambians who either sign
off or don’t want to sign on Gambia-L because of fear for personal attacks.
I believe the right you or anyone else has to freely express your views
online is the same right others have to either agree or disagree, but we
should do it without violating the rights of others.

Ebou, personally I was disturbed by what Khalifa had to say about your
family including your late mother. May her soul rest in peace. I have great
respect for Khalifa and I do not know his motive for doing that kind of
negative attack, but I think he was wrong to bring in your family into a
discussion or exchange of views conducted on line. I was disappointed on
his side and I was surprised by the lack of foul cry from other Gambians
even if they disagree with you on other issues. I think Khalifa ought to
apologize to all Gambians on the -L.

I give more weight to the content of the contributions on Gambia-L than the
character of the authors. It is not a lazy excuse for people to
respectfully disagree on issues, but a sign of strength.

Truly

Bulli Kitab