GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amat Gaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:13:33 -0400
It borders on recklessness and irresponsibility to advocate the use of
violence in The Gambia,knowing well enough the results of armed conflicts in
Africa. All of you cyber-guerrillas who are far removed from the actual
battleground should either go home and put your lives on the line to fight
for what you believe or shut up! Considering the toll in human lives and
property, Liberians were relatively better off with Doe. We should be
careful what we ask for, we might just get it. The use of common sense in
this case does not make one a pacificist. All options should be exhausted
before the use of violence is even discussed. There is a stark difference
between self-defence and waging an all out war on a better trained and
better armed military.

                    Amat