GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:15:00 +0000
I also wish to add my sincere expression of sympathy to Pa Gaye's family and
circle of friends.He was a great guy and an excellent role model.His
academic career was quite good and he was Head Boy of Gambia High School in
1976/77 after he took over that baton from Baboucarr Sarr ( I stand to be
corrected on this ) and in turn handed this over to Ousu Jah of the World
Bank. The Class of 77 were very outstanding and included the late Ebou
Jobarteh who was Pa's close mate and rode shotgun with him.

Beran was an outstanding sportsman in GHS and had a dangerous left handed
delivery in cricket! May God Rest his soul.

Those of us around should thank God for life every single day we wake up
alive and well. Despite all the tribulations of life, triumph's of the self
and the human spirit, it should be borne in mind by all, that death is the
only certainty in life

SGN

Sam Njie,
Caribbean and Mediterranean