GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:33:40 -0600
Hello...  Two of my favorite sayings are, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to
justice anywhere".  My other favorite saying is the hadith of the Prophet
Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) who says, "If you see a wrong,
you should change it with your hand, if you can't do that, you should speak
out against it with your tongue, and if you can't do that, you should at
least hate it in your heart, and that is the weakest of faith".  I do not
have the reference for that quote, though I've seen it in many places, and
I'm sure if you were to find a hadith search engine, you'd find it fairly
easily.

     And there's another reason why one should not wait for God / Allah to
save them.  Or to change their lives.  My belief is that Allah will not help
you unless you earnestly seek his help and at the same time, do what you can
to change your condition.

     Just some thoughts.  My thoughts and duas are with the opposition
leaders in The Gambia, those detained and those not, and for all who are
fighting in the struggle to liberate The Gambia from Jammeh, and who are
doing and saying far more than I could.

     I would love to do so much more, but I'm limited by resources /
finances / transportation / time.  All I can do is speak out.  I have a blog
that reaches I'm not even sure how many people, but if only one person reads
what I write and the articles I post and is driven to do at least something,
then Inshallah, I've made a difference.  As a Muslim, I believe that making
dua can be one of the most powerful things, but along with that, there has
to be action.

     And that's all I have to say.  I think I've done enough writing for one
day / evening.

Ginny

Visit my blog at:

http://quickgm28.blogs.com/ginnys_thoughts_and_thing/