GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin sabally <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:22:24 GMT
I have closely followed the debate on the need to review laws concerning
citizenship in the Gambia and have agreed that this matter should be treated
with urgency. We all know that the subject is a very delicate and sensitive
issue in the country as highlighted by various contributors.

The authorities should therefore act urgently by putting in place proper
mechanisms to sufficiently deal with the matter.National debates should be
entertained plus all other avenues to solve what has become an increasingly
sensitive issues. By the way the debate on the citizenship on the GambiaL IS
VERY EDUCATIVE and must continue objectively because some of the suggestions
especially from Halifa Sallah has already paved the way to concretly solve
the problem.