GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:33:25 GMT
Morri Kebba:

Yes, I am NOT online these days because we are currently on Summer vacation.
In fact, I decided to send you this e-mail from a Cyber Cafe after one of my
sources in the Gambia informed me - via telephone yesterday - of your e-mail
and also urged me to try and send you a response.

It is a pity that I do not have access to the Net presently and in fact,
I've been disturbing Hamjatta Kanteh, phoning him almost every other night
finding out what is on the L. And I will remain OFFLINE till 19 of August
2000 when I'll FINALLY have my home Computer connected to the Internet
through British Telecom (BT).

I have already applied to BT to have my PC connected to the Net, but because
of the present high demand for Internet access in the UK, I am still waiting
for BT to send me their installation CD.

Anyway, by the grace of God, starting from the 21 0f August till God knows
when, I intend to be sending weekly messages (or Daily if time permits) to
ALL Gambians - through the medium of Gambia-L - on the political situation
in the Gambia. So please do watch out for these weekly messages and, as I
said before, this series of messages could even be saved for future
reference in the run up to the 2001 elections.

Also, starting from next month (Sept), I intend to be doing regular audio
commentaries - in English for a start - again on the political situation in
the Gambia. In order to reach out a wider audience, I intend to be sending
these audio tapes of mine to Internet sites run by Gambians and also to the
private radio stations in the Gambia. Please, do also watch out for these
audio tapes.

Ebrima Ceesay,
Birmingham, UK.