GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:35:32 +0100
haruna .thanks for generosity.i feel that you have been too kind to me with your offer and comments .i am only a student in Islam .
  any way here in u.k we have many charities doing a wonderful job in the Gambia .one such charity is www.muslimhands.org .this organisation has been helping women in fishing towns with micro-finance to establish them self in the fishing industry. they also fund teachers in rural areas by buying them bicycles to travel from village to village impacting knowledge  on others.
  the same charity give finance to women in towns to start chicken farming .
  there progress can be followed on islamchanel u.k most evenings .you cannot view that Chanel since it is on sky 183 .i will offer some of my share to them and i implore other Gambians to extend their assistance to them. we like to have an issue with Asians and Arabs ,but not all of them hate us. most Gambian brothers who travel the Arab lands don't seems to say any thing positive about them ,but like us ,they have good people and bad people .some of them donate generously to Somalia ,Ethiopia ,the Gambia etc.

  may Allah increase you in goodness .the prophet of Islam once states that ''the hand that gives is the upperhand ''.
i will also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge my appreciation for the wide extensive educational platform some of you brothers/sisters have created here.the eloquence and mastery of the English language is top drop ,high among my list of expert English writers are baba,haruna and lj darboe .others are in the frame as well but i took immense notice of your inputs always.
  keep it up ,
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  You know Suntou you are a wonderful man. I know that you are a thoughtful
and charitable person. And the reason I shared the Quiz with you was two-fold:
1. Given your knowledge in Golf and your inclination thereto, you may not
win all the prizes. But I knew that will not stop you from trying when you have
an opportunity to yield another relief, Ramadan or no Ramadan.
2. I understood you to have a comprehensive knowledge of Islam and the
spirit of Islam. And that if given a choice of charities, you will choose wisely.

It is said that charity begins at home. No human may overlook need at home
to fulfil need elsewhere. It is beginning at home that we obtain the requisite
training for philanthropy and it is the harbinger of general prosperity. The
frame of mind of Muhammad at all times during his life, and indeed of
Nnabinna Eesaa, has been that we are all God's children and the most valuable
dispensation for being a Muslim or Christian yields from one's record with your
own parents and family. The only caution we were given is to be discerning of
the hour of diminishing returns. In other words, be open to identifying where
the greater need is. Should that happen to be with your family, then you will
have improved general prosperity of mankind.

This thought goes to the systems approach of sustainable development. We
will have an opportunity to visit that at another time. I just want to commend
you for your choice of charity and it is inspirational.

Please let me know IN Private (phone or email), the name and contact of the
individual you wish to receive the $100.00 on behalf of your family. In honour
of Ramadan, I wish to triple the amount to $300.00 in order that your
family may share with their neighbors on either side and in front of them. I await
your notification and thanx in advance. My family and I seek prayers from
you and your family.

Haroun Masoud, MQDT Darbo.