GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:47:23 -0500
Mr Gai,
  I concur with you wholeheartedly. As much as I love to follow the debate
between Hamjatta and Halifa, I would really hate to see our priorities in
disarray. The recent incident at Radio FM should remind us that we just
cannot deny the urgent need to formulate plans, drastic measures i.e, to
get these morons out of that country. Let us not waste our time sweeping a
shinking ship when what we really need are life-guards and rescue missions.

If the debate is about bringing ideas we can use to get rid of these thugs,
then it may not be a bad initiative, and I would suggest that the UDPs and
other opposition parties should be part of it. But,to idly sit here in our
'Churchill's Town HQs' and comfortably philosophize about abstract
political ideologies, is really very unconvincing and counterproductive in
the minds of the realists. Because simply put, people are dying in The
Gambia and time really is not on our side ladies and gentlemen. The
questions raised by Buharry are the types of questions all of us should be
asking ourselves .In  retrospect, let us not fail in restoring the faith
of those counting on our actions. We must double our efforts and find
feasible, not conceivable, ways to entangle this besetting dilemma. We must
learn to tolerate our indifferences(atleast in the mean time) and support
(not discourage) those who are seemingly making a difference no matter how
small that difference is. It is paramount that we focus on the real issues
on hand and our debates should be geared along these lines of restoring
peace, justice and freedom. United, we can kick these cowards out of our
country. Divided, we will regrettably be haunted by the ills of the present
notorious regime. The choice is up to us ladies and gentlemen. The Clock
is ticking so you see there's no room for personal attacks but to act ASAP!

                                                 This is my opinion,
                                                 Mr Makaveli.