GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MOMODOU BUHARRY GASSAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:05:24 +0100
Hi Cherno!
                Thanks for your response and clarifications. On your first
point, I can only add that while the "the sheer love of  narrow-minded
pan-africanism... without any hint of critical objectivity " is dangerous,
reactionary rejection and complete acceptance of others' weak positions
disguised in quotations to mask their positions' superficiality without any
hint of critical objectivity and analysis is equally dangerous.
    On your second point, it was neither the lack of comprehension of the
idiomatic expressions nor the failure to understand the words you used that
prompted me to ask for clarification. It was rather your apparent (at least
to me) dismissal of, not only in that paragraph but throughout your mail,
the attempts made by the Nkrumahs etc. to lead Africa and create
institutions that safeguard Africa's independence and integrity in the face
of the realities of their time. I asked for clarification to not only gauge
the psyche behind the comments but also to avoid misinterpreting what you
wrote.
    Finally, I have learnt  through your clarifications your stand with
regard to certain things. Keep the debate going. I am enjoying it. Thanks.

Buharry.
----- Original