GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:31:35 +0000
In the name of Allah most compassionate ,most merciful .I am busy this days but ,i could not help but have a say in the very personal exchange between my two brothers and elders Haruna and mr Conteh .I do not intend to inter-fare but with all due rest ,i would like to say the following:It is the kalima or words of Allah in the noble Quran that ''when ever two groups of Muslims are engage in disharmonious activity we make peace between them''.i am not interested in why brother conteh became very personal in his attack on haruna's character ,but it is very uncomfortable to read the nature of the Mr conteh's comments.

  to my little judgement ,the accusations are unhealhty and therefore a source of anger to the person whose character has been mention.to call some one a hypocrite is a very strong word.Allah said ''the hypocrite will burn in lowest depth of the hell fire ''surah munafiquun.I wish our brothers to sort out any personal issue through private email not on public domain.I know haruna is not afraid to discuss his short comings or mistakes out in the public but ,it is our traditions to discuss matters of personal nature in private.whatever offence Mr darboe's email may have cause to Mr conteh we don't know ,i think it is not our business to know either.

  on a lighter note ,masoud it may be wise to have a private email contact with Mr conteh concerning his comments,may be you and him can solve any issue amicably.no one is perfect and certainly My brother,my fellow constituent and family member haruna is with a bag loads of imperfections but so will be mr conteh,mr ceesay,mr touray,mr jallow etc.Allah forgive us for all our imperfections and errors ,if we repent always sincerely.we are human ,we like things that may not necessarily be OK for us .i hope that with the spirit of eid,the two brothers can kiss and forget about this unhealthy discussion.what is private should remain private ,my bolong upbringing .
  yes haruan quotes the quran ,yes he support some Islamic values ,He acknowledged to not doing certain Islamic acts ,i personally discuss some of those issues with him no problem.may be Allah is testing him with those things he is not doing ,i pray that he accept Islam wholeheartedly .Allah say in the quran ''come into the deen (islam) completely'' .haruna is not alone in doing some islamic things and avoiding others.even inviting to music is unislamic ,it is against the advice of the prophet of islam yet we do see those thing happening always.may Allah forgive us and make us sincere and good in our conducts.Masoud i wish you all the best in your current courtship with the potential lady darboe.be good as always .i am here to extend my good will once your sallah is ok ,laugh.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

My new friend Ousman Conteh, how are you? I hope well. I am aware now that
you may have other disquiets aboutme that may not have much to do with my
views of Obama, Edwards, or my myriad other opinions on numerous matters here. I
notice I'm exhausting my submission quota here with this note. If you will
oblige me, can we continue with your anxieties and suspicions about me tomorrow
or in private if you prefer until the morrow? I will address your notes
below here for I still have this one opportunity today.

"Your hypocritical behavior and your bullshit is what's getting on my every
freaking nerves, invoking Allah's name, quoting from the Qu ran and
presenting yourself as a god fearing man is what you need to stop." OC.

I am sorry you get easily excited. I did not know invoking Allah's name,
quoting from the Qur'an, and presenting myself as the God/Allah fearing man that
I am is hypocritical or needs to be arrested. I am terribly sorry Ousman.
May I submit my regrets now for I intend to continue invoking Allah's name,
quoting the Qur'an, and presenting myself as God/Allah fearing. I hope you will
forgive those future trespasses of mine on my Allah/God. Maybe it will help
if I add that your God/Allah may not necessarily be my God/Allah. This is
worth further considerations.

"Reading all of these is making me sick," OC.

Please find it in your heart to forgive me OC.

"especially after reading an email that you sent to someone couple of months
ago," OC.

OC, I think I'm confused. In all fairness to you however, I will be
disappointed if I held someone in high esteem prior and to find out they are lying or
being hypocritical. You mention that you read an email I sent to
someone-else a couple of months ago. Are you in the habit of reading others' emails or
is just especially when they happen to come from me Haruna? I would advise you
stop reading others' emails. Not that I ever regret any email I send
someone, but that it is generally dishonest to read others' emails. Nonetheless, the
prospect of your reading my emails to others cannot be significant enough to
me to consider you don't believe do you?

"in this email you tried to romantically exploit these person by vomiting
everything about you and what you have achieved, your life story and how
professionally and materially blessed you are." OC.

When you say romantically, I presume you're referring to a female who I seem
to be wooing or courting. However, I am not generally in the habbit of
courting on the internet. I would like the owner of such email to share with us
here what the romantic communication was and of if she thought I was exploiting
her romantically, or if she has any romance that could be exploited by
Haruna. Further, my life story is an open book, I'm sorry you have not read it
before. I generally am not given to boastful lanterns and I generally shy away
from sharing my professional and or financial blessings simply because I am
far from achieving what I desire to achieve in those endeavours. Even when I'm
asked pertinent questions about my professional and financial ware, and it is
genuine query, I hesitate to share that, especially where it might sway
opinion or amour. I am single however and I am communicating with a potential
wife at the moment. I have given notice to all the females who have taken a
fancy to me that I am temporarily unavailable. Should my current courtships yield
nought, I shall be available again and I will give notice to one and all.
That will be good for me. May this also serve notice to my honourable
matchmakers like Suntou, Yanks, and other well-wishers that I am currently seriously
considering one potential companion and that I will update them on my current
pursuit. I know my romantic life conjures up immense interest, always has. So
I have to be careful for my children's sakes. OC but I think you
misunderstood whatever email of other you may have read. Please share with me where your
disdain issues that I may effort to console you or allay your fears about me.

"You are not what and how you present yourself on line, so please stop the
bullshit." OC.

Is that right? What about my online personality does not match my off-line
personality OC. Our coleagues may desire to know so they may advise me toward
more propriety or that I may adjust either personalities to deserve your
admiration.

"I don't care for you to know who I am, it is irrelevant." OC.

All right. I have now ceased query into your identity. If you remember, you
were reminding me that I knew you or knew of you and the acquaintance seemed
to escape me. It still does. But I now will not desire to know you. As you
wish. This is nothing to get upset over. We do not have to know each other if
we are both trained on our Gods and Allahs.

"Sister Jabou please do not apologize, for you owe him none." OC.

OC you may wish to allow Jabou the privilege of apologising or not, or
discerning whether she owes anybody anything or not. FYI, Jabou's apology is not
for me. It is for Jabou if she were to so desire. Jabou does not owe Haruna
anything. And Jabou is aware of that.

"I hate to take this route but was left with no other choice especially
after your emails with references to the Qu ran and Allah the Almighty. You are
HYPOCRITE." OC.

I am sorry OC that you are limited in your options for routes. I wish to
share with you for posterity that;
1. Once a hypocrite, always a hypocrite.
2. Quotations from the Qur'an or the Almighty's many nomenclatures will not
cure the afflicted (with hypocrisy).
3. You must never allow yourself to be swayed by other's invocation of the
Qur'an or Allah/God's names.
4. My invocations of the Qur'an are generally caution and advice if you
understood them.
5. I do not subscribe to any religion. I live on the best of all religions.
That is good for me.

So if its any consolation, and should you hear me invoking Allah or the
Qur'an, understand that we do not share religion. I have had some conversations
with our own Suntou on Religion. I think he is witness to my religion or
non-religion. Suntou is free to share with you what my religion is.

Oh by the way, I keep copies of all my emails. The ones addressed to me and
those I send to other. If my archiving system does not fail me, I'm confident
if you give us reference to said culprit email, I can reproduce it for you.
Possibly other email that may precede it. I live my life that way because my
Allah advises me to and because my communication is very important and
sincere. Always. Read the culprit email again. You may come away with a totally
different perspective.

Your brother, Haruna. Unavailable for the moment. Rashid. MQDT Darbo. Al
Mutawakkil.