GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kalilu camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:28:43 GMT
My dear brother,
May i ask you if its ok to agree to disagree ?If that is find
i want to proceed, ok iam assuming that this forum is democratic in all
its pusuits.I have in principle  never admired Mr. Jammeh. I almost got run
by a bus the day i had about the 1994 stealing of "our demogracy".I say this
not to be provocative but to be realistic it was skewed! But we had the
right at least to insult the Father of our nation then but now we cannot
even blow our noses without this guy waving a sword at our eyeballs! But
back in 1994 some of my friends were very supportive of Yaya,i was most
against him among my friends and i did not hide it.
But today they all regret why they liked him then! The reason why i
dont advocate violence is that it hurts the wrong people who have got
nothing to do with the nations government.In fact the reason why i am here
talking is because my conscience would not leave me alone to sit and just
watch,iam sure thats why we are all here.War is not good nothing good can
come from war especially in The Gambia.
    I think of some weird idea today, how about a joint government between
Yaya's camp and the opposition should the the electoral process
fail.I think that some kind of peaceful interaction between Yaya ,Mr.Darboe
and some other political parties is indicated.Or is this not a possible
working group? I dont know but maybe some teaching
each other can be muscled.Really i just want some peace and the removal of
threat of war altogether. This is just a suggestion any comments?
For me anything but war!