GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:17:39 GMT
Jabou,

Once again, I'm in your debt. I've always wondered what rhetoric or agrimony
people talk about regarding this forum. Yes, there are fools on the list.
Yes, there are many whose only aim to to deride the Yaya regime, and others
whose only aim is to do the exact opposite. But, in the main, this List
provides the best avenue for all educated  Gambians to have their say as to
where we are vis-a-vis where we should be headed as a nation. Most
contributors do that very objectively. So, if only people would stop this
"I'm above the fray" self-righteousness hypocrisy, we could get something
out of this.

At one point or another, someone is bound to question your
theories/info/ideas, or even attack you for reasons best known only to
themselves. But, it's part of the maturity of each of us to de-personalize
personal insults/slights and move on. I've seen many members do just that.
Those with thin skin have choices: QUIT WHINING or UNSUBSCRIBE!

As much as I hate reading some postings, it would be very tragic (and maybe
very Gambian?)if this forum is reduced to another Rubber Stamp institution.
It's that type of attitude that we've had towards the PPP regime for thirty
years, and look where it's gotten us. We have to agree to disagree. You
don't need to agree w/ me to be my friend, and you don't need to be my enemy
to disagree w/ me. Let everybody raise whatever issues they have regarding
our general body politic. Remember the cliche' "great minds don't think
alike." There are enough of us w/ reasonable common sense to filter out
rubbish. At the end of the day, common sense and decency will prevail.

Peace!

Saul.