GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:52:24 +0000
Soffie, thanks for the heads up and to Seedy for contributing.  It appears
that most of the folks that responded to the suggestion to continue with the
fund are in support of the continuation. And So, the collection continues.
Those of us that reside in the EU or UK can send their contribution to Dave
Manneh.  Those of us that are in North America can send their's to Soffie
Ceesay or Joe Sambou which ever is easier for you.  My Address is 8046 S.
Kimbark Ave., Chicago, IL 60619.

Attached, is the status of the fund, thus far.  Folks, we are making
progress, so, please send in your donations to support Waa.  He still needs
to see a doctor for follow up, has charges to defend against, and has family
obligations to take care off.  The man spoke for Gambians and I think we
need to come to his support.  This is the same support we are going to
reserve for any Alternative leader that is harassed or held against his will
by this criminal outfit.  Thus, I urge folks to put party affiliations aside
and show your support for what Waa stands for.  I commend Waa's colleagues
who have come to his defense and have visited him in custody.  I am equally
happy that his colleagues are consulting with each other and are working on
a strategy to address the insanity that is the APRC.  This is a good time
for folks form UDP, PDOIS, NRP, and PPP to show their solidarity that we all
stand against what the APRC stands for.  This will send a clear message to
Yaya and his criminals that they cannot divide us to push their agenda.
Thus, I am appealing to the supporters of NDAM, UDP, PPP, NRP, and PDOIS to
contribute to this fund and to understand the need to see this struggle from
a collective perspective.  Yesterday, it was Ousainou that was in custody.
Today it's Waa, and tomorrow it could be Halifa, Sidia, OJ, or Hamat.  We
need to let Yaya know that our resistance to his criminal behavior is
absolute.  You touch anyone in the opposition, you touch all of us.  Thanks
all for your support.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou