GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 15:20:47 EDT
Awa,

l agree, the kid has steered a lot of people back to the religion, and this
is good. He has also demonstrated the intelligence in our kids to be
nurtured, as pointed out by Foroyaa. Yet, it has also shown the deviousness
and greed that can afflict some of us, such as those who tried to pass him as
some sort of miracle, when he is just a gifted child. Everything happrens as
Allah decreed, so l am sure that it is for the purpose of bringing people
back to the Deen, as well as all the implicit lessons therein. As Modou Mbye
quoted for us in another posting, "people plot, and Allah plans, and Allah
(SWT) is the best of planners.

Regards,
Jabou
 Forwarded by Momodou Camara. Mail  from Awa Sey

 ---forwarded mail START---
   Jabou:

   Thanks a million for this update!!!  I had my reservations about the
 people
 surrounding this kid, all along.

   One thing I must give them commendation for, is the fact that they
 steered a lot of skeptical Muslims back into the religion.  Also, the
 amount of
 people who converted into Islam is something one must be elated about.

   These people forgot is that no one plays with Allah's name and not get
 caught in the process!!!

   There is a relative of mine who cried when we tried to let him see the
 real
 picture.  Whilst in Gambia, I told my family that if this kid comes to the
 U.S. and the Americans find him legit, then I would profoundly apologize
 them!!!

   The people who believed in this kid are not failures or disappointments,
 but just human beings who were carried away by the recitation of the
 beautiful names of Allah -- by a little boy.  I found myself stopping in
 my
 tracks whenever I watched him speak.  He sounded so eloquent........

   May Allah help us all.

   Awa Sey