GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:55:01 +0000
Thanks for that fwd. Mr Johnson. It is very interesting. The Speaker
mentioned something that most of us never put into account or i would say
never brought up.
It is very true that all those against Presidnet jammeh have always been and
will continue to be. What need to be understood here is that despite the
banned on the political leaders, the voters remained the same. They did not
vote APRC in because the leaders wre banned. They did because of what the
issue are. There is a lot here at stake, but certainly not more than what
was there five years ago.
I have no doubt that having very good politicians like Sheriff Dibba on a
campaing trail will energise some peole, but they are mostly the same people
following Darboe. And I can tell you taht the UDP will not allow any one to
lead the so-to-be-call alliance opposition expect Darboe and that is where
the problem is going to be. And again, I know there are some here who will
say that is not true and that is just to cause a disarray in the opposition
wing, but time is the best prophet.

Lamin Ceesay.