GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:45:36 EDT
Oh yes, here again is the sign of the last days of this regime. Dawda, I can
tell you that there is not even an executive body in the Gambia as in the
word "Executive." This is a show on stage.
If The jammeh government think that it could dismiss judges and that would
make the coming judges to rule in his favor and his government, he must be
mistaken. Does he know that these judges are smarter than Mr. Secka? Does he
know that these judges have to protect their integrity for any future
International appointments?
And again, Jammeh is here using Mr. Secka. I am not a constitutional expert,
but I am not sure the AG can fire a high court judge unless the President
signs on it.
And to Mr. Secka who is yet to come on the L as Mr. Tombong Saidy said, is it
right that Mr. Ousainou Darboe was the only Lawyer who could represent you
when you were "legally" jailed by the Jawara regime?

Ousman Jallow Bojang.