GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:15:59 -0700
Comrade,

My exact sentiments! What makes these politicians think that Baba Jobe and
co will wait for second round of votes before they invoke havoc on the
electorate? As it is right now, we are not even sure if there is going a
first round of votes.
Mr. Sallahs' pronouncement is very welcome and promising, but it needs to be
echoed by the others too and they need to take action NOW.
I have had a brief exchange on this issue with Beran Jeng a while ago. I
still stand by my initial conviction that IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THAT YAYA'S
THUGS WILL SIT AND WATCH THE PEOPLE GO FOR A SECOND ROUND OF VOTES WHEN HE
FAILS TO GET A MAJORITY IN THE FIRST ROUNDS. Let's face the facts.

Enjoy your day.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Toll-free number: 1-888-392-4832(Excite2)
Personal extension for v/mail/fax: 291-368-1519