GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:02:33 -0700
WELL, I GUESS YAHYA'S MESSAGE TO THE THUGGISH YOUTH
WING OF THE AFPRC WAS WELL UNDERSTOOD.

The recent burning of Radio One FM, in my opinion, is
a direct result of Yahya's speech in which he
practically incited the youth's of the APRC to take a
vigilante approach to those who do not agree with him.
 Can it be mere coincidence that just after a week or
so of Mr. Idiot's shameful speech and a couple of days
after Dumor Sahor's wife made her speech on the same
radio station about her husband's illegal abduction,
the station is burnt down injuring the owner?  Well, I
do not know about you people, but I know who the
culprits are.  Who in the Gambia, but someone close to
military or policing sources can get their hands on
the tear gas that was purportedly being used by the
assailants?  And the fact is that this is just the
beginning.  I am quite sure that these people are
ready to do more damage against those who speak out
against them.

BUT LET OUR MESSAGE REMAIN THE SAME.  THEY SHALL NOT
SCARE US BECAUSE THEY ARE NOTHING BUT MERE MORTALS.
AND WE DRAW OUT STRENGTH FROM THE FACT THAT JUSTICE IS
ON OUR SIDE, AND GOD IS ON OUR SIDE.  AND WE ALSO DRAW
OUR STRENGHTH FROM THE FACT THAT...IN THE END THE
PEOPLE SHALL PREVAIL.  FOR TYRANNY ALWAYS LOSES,
SOONER OR LATER.  SO YAHYA AND YOUR THUGS DO WHAT YOU
MAY.  WE SHALL NOT BUDGE.

TO GEORGE AND FAMILY, KEEP STRONG.  OUR THOUGTHS AND
PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE.

I know that many things can be said about George, but
one has to agree that he is indeed a man of the people
and always tries his best in seeking justice for the
downtrodden.  I know this because, I have worked for
him at his radio station.  And though we may have had
our differences, I respect the man for always standing
up for what he believes in.  SO KEEP ON GEORGE, WE
SHALL STAND BESIDES YOU.

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS, WHETHER ONE IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"