GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matarr Sajaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 23:19:19 EDT
Lamin,
I think KB gave you a good piece why we should pursue and alternative to Wait
and See method and Saul's postings also reflects these same beliefs. However,
What you have to understand here is that we are at war. If we sit and wait
for a miracle to come from heaven and save our country then we are living an
illusion. The thuggery of the Jammeh regime will continue to kill while we
sit and watch.

People who know me personally will agree that I am not a violent person
neither do I wish for Gambia to become another SierraLeone. The people of
Liberia adopted a wait and see method and we all know what happened there.
These kinds of leaders most not be tolerated. If they can kill and walk the
streets a free man then something is wrong with us as a people.

Personally, I believe in capital punishment for people who commit
premeditated murdered or reckless endangerment. I agree with Saul and KB's
suggestions for the UDP party to start training militants for confrontation.
They should also arm themselves just in case the AFPRC rebels start shooting
at them. If force is not exercised to defend ones right then Like Saul
rightly mentions lives will be lost.

The position I believe every Gambian should take is to support the opposition
during the upcoming elections. If we use our collective power to trash these
idiots during the upcoming elections then lets start digging graves for the
people in the Gambia. These people as being said over and over again harbor
no respect for humanity. If we use our collective power then we will be able
to shut them down.

Since most Gambians in the Diaspora are very active financially back home, We
must call every member of our family and ask them to vote for the opposition.
We must take time and explain to them what our concerns are and share with
them our vision for the future of our Country. We must keep drilling this and
urge them to fully participate.

I am all for forming an Umbrella Organization that will give us one voice. We
must try and get the opposition in the Gambia to come together as one unit.
We must support these people with dollars and intellect. We must encourage
them to defend themselves at all cost.

Supporting the opposition on the ground is the only way out here. We must not
give these bandits the satisfaction that we are divided in our struggle. They
must know that we are willing to die if they MESS with these elections. If
they shoot then we must not fall down and die but shoot back at them. Clowns
like these don't want to be confronted, they are CHICKENS that's why they go
around injecting fear on people.

Lamin, If you have been resident on this list for a while, you will agree
that a lot have been written about peaceful confrontation with these bullies
which in my view glorifies their actions. They thrive on rhetoric. They want
to be feared and worshiped. It is no accident that Fatou Jahumpa Ceesay wants
to be a "cleaning Lady for Him." The only piece she left out was that she
Idolized him and worships him daily. This is the kind of relationship that
idiots like Jammeh treasure most.

All am saying is that lets look for an alternative from rhetoric. Lets take a
participant orient-module. Lets get power by any means necessary then we can
build a country that secures the liberty of its citizens. Lets look and the
beast in the face and tell him that we are sick and tired of his actions.
Lets look at him in the face and tell him next time he decides to kill one of
us, all of us will choke the life out of him. Lets tell him that we will not
tolerate oppression and we will take him head-on next time he decides to
insult our liberty.

Lastly, Lamin, Jammeh will continue to kill, harass and oppress our brothers
and sisters unless we put a stop to this nonsense. If we cannot realize that
collectively we possess power and power belongs to us and must be protected
by us then we are engaging in the same thuggery as Jammeh. His enterprise to
disenfranchise us must be put to end. You should rally Gambians everywhere to
stand behind the opposition and melt this government down.

Lamin I hope you agree that we are at war with our own government. This war
must be crushed and your participation is highly solicited if you believe in
liberty. Our role is to give these guys no breathing room. Trash like these
belongs in dumps not in parliament. The sooner we react the better for the
country. Likewise you may disagree and we can start counting corpses that our
ignorance and defiant sent to their graves before they reached voting age.

Brother join the struggle and lets fight this evil that plagues our nation.

Till next time have a great day.

Matarr Sajaw.