GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Benjamin Senghore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:27:04 +0100
 (Embedded
 image moved   (Embedded image moved to file: pic12859.pcx)
 to file:
 pic20037.pcx)

Steve and Robert were out hiking one day when Steve pulls
out a cigar, but he didn't have a lighter. His friend
reaches into his backpack and pulls out a 12-inch Bic
lighter. "Wow!" Steve says. "Where did you get that?"
"I have a genie." Robert explains.
"What? A genie?! Can I see him?" Steve asks.
Robert opens his backpack, pulls out an old bottle, uncorks
it, and out pops a genie.
"Hey genie, since I'm a good friend of your master will you
grant me one wish?" Steve says, figuring it couldn't hurt
to ask.
"Certainly." The genie replies. Steve immediately asks him
for a million bucks. The genie nods his head once and pops
back into the bottle, pulling the cork in behind him. The
two men stand there, and Steve looks at his friend,
wondering where his money is. Suddenly the sky gets darker
and they look up to see a million ducks flying overheard.
Steve says, "Hey! I asked for a million bucks, not a
million ducks!"

Robert answers, "I guess I forgot to tell you that the
genie is hard of hearing. Did you really think I asked for
a 12-inch Bic?"