GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 22:05:32 -0400
Alhajie Mustapha,

Perhaps I should intervene if you permit me.  You have never felt any
need to come to my "defense" whatsoever that means to these monkeys
assualting your reputation.  The "coolary" (a reflective relational
concern) that spans from the distant past since your late elder brother
led my my father to Ibrahim Niass (my own nameshake) for spiritual and
moral guidance is presenced by my deference due to you and your entire
Fayeen family of Dobson Street.  Hiprocrisy, viciousness and chicanery
has no place in Fayeen history...that is why one of your elders decided
to "gadaye" or emigrate the very day he discovered that truth, honesty
and spiritual chastity has been emasculated forever in that tiny
country.  You know Alhaj, Wollof is a deeply philosophical language:
It has two basic distinctions of what it means to be a human being-
 "Nit N'daye" and "Domi Adama".  The later is an ontic description of
ordinary human existence of every day life, and the former a much
deeper ontological description of authentic existence- someone who
intergrates his/her past, present and his/her death as the ultimate
temporal horizon. Such a person speaks, thinks and relates poetically
to this world with concrete wisdom:  "Wollof N'daye neena, aduuna
yagut, waye bu yaakee bawool dara".  Such a personality has no time for
pettiness, "hastee" , "holoo" ack "garuwaaleh".  His "joom"(moderate
self-pride) and "fi'eda"(resolution) is reflected in his caring for
that resolution.  If "coolaray" is retrospective (as the saying goes-
coolaray genaw laye fae'tay) then "woolaray" is the prospective
attribute of "Nit N'daye" that is generously free in all it relations
to everything and everybody.  This "woolaray" is what a "Ndit N'daye"
cares about ( or "samma" in wollof) every day and every night.
Atleast as far as we know in Banjul-and I don't know about the palm
wine tappers and the heathens somewhere else-this is how we relate to
our neighbors, friends and our "ambi jamaas" (those who choose to
coexist peacefully amongst us.

Alhaj Mustapha, you have ever been a generous, caring and honest
gentleman ever since I know you.  Hundreds of Gambians can second my
statement.

Have a wonderful day and give my regards to your wonerful family.

Ebou Jallow