GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 04:15:22 -0500
Sigga,
 This is a seemingly tardy follow-up to your posting but I'm sure if I tell
you my entire day was ruined, you can understand why that is. Sigga, The
Gambia we knew during our days at GHS is not what we have today and is far
what we had envisioned.Our present situation is just pathetic, and please
excuse me for lack of a better word. I mean things are just screeeeewed up
since these morons hijacked that country. Thus, one of many reasons why it
is alarmingly incumbent for our opposition leaders to do everything within
their power and in the spirit of unity to help bail us all out of this
misery. There is no better time for them put aside personal differences
and realise there is only one very clear alternative, and that is to unite
and rescue The Gambia from more unsavory and unprecedented nightmares. It
will be suicidal to do the unthinkable and sloppily allow Jammeh and his
cohorts plunge us into further destitute and mayhem. That is my biggest
fear Sigga, and god forbids how leaders in opposition will live with such
benign neglect there after is simply beyond me. I just pray they do the
right thing come next month.

Draconian laws imposed upon us by this brutal regime have severed many of
our civil liberties and whoever stand in their way "will not even be able
to regret it, because he/she will be six feet deep". These and many other
chilling reminders were the words of our "president" who in this interview
emphatically sabortages the West for trying to dictate how he should run
his "business"(country, in other words). Today Sigga, hardly any good news
come out of that little country. All we hear is murder, murder, murder....
This ain't living. The sad part is some us know who is responsible for
these acts of terrorism but just somehow can't seem to be able do a damn
thing about them. Gambians cannot continue to live in fear for the rest of
our lives, for it is such form of fear factor that gives the Tombong Saidys
the explicit audacity to spread the kinds of materials we see here on the
L and elsewhere. He also thinks there is nothing we can say or do about him
disseminating such misinformation and thus found no shame whatsoever in
being the short-sighted moron he is and a disgrace to the broadcasting
industry, so long as his boss acknowledges that he a staunch cult member of
the despotic APRC. I hope he sees the light at the end of the tunnel one
day and repent before he realizes Jammeh is just bad news. Perhaps to
Jammeh, one can look at it that the only good service that Tombong is
rendering is making sure Jammeh's lunch is hot and that the silverwares
are nice and clean. What a sorry way to make a living. Don't they all make
us sick, Sigga. This is very sad and I shall leave it at that.

Back to Jammeh, remember I told you the villain can be funny when he wants
to be. Well, take this for instance.In that very same interview, Jammeh was
quick to accuse the West that they would buy kola nut from us for say 25
bututs and turn around and sell us a can of coca cola for 5 Dalasis. And
his point? Well, I say what he really need to do is to pass that good weed
he is smoking. Of course I'm just kidding, but I am convinced that many of
you, after viewing this video, would have come to the conclusion that
this "president" is UNCOUTH and symbolizes the kinds of mental midgets we
have parading as government officials. How can he so conveniently blame
the West for robbing Africa off it's wealth and he himself, an african and
gambian to be more specific,is able to rob his very own people within just
7 years in power, with hundreds of millions of dollars? What would happen
to poor Gambia if his likes rule for the next 400 hundred years? And he
really thinks he is looking after our interest afterall. This scrub is able
to amass so much wealth that he has to go on live TV and tell the whole
world(The West included)that his great great grandchildren will never be
poor again. Giving the petit size of the Gambia and it's capita, what this
"president" took away from it's poor people is mirrors and empty wine bottles compared what the West allegedly took away from The Gambia alone.
It never crosses my mind that we would one day have someone make the Idi
Amins look like peanuts in our neck of the woods. That was until jammeh
arrives. Good grief! What a liability he has become to the future of this
nation.

See,I get depressed when I talk like this. The thought of such crap is just
too provoking for me to bear. The damage this "president" is doing to our
country is irreparable and costly, and my heart bleeds the more I think
about it. This is no exaggeration, our state house is ambushed by a mental.
This nutcase thinks taking some course in African History of some sort at
his leisure perhaps to complete his high school diploma is going help his
self-esteem. I personally have nothing against him in trying to further
his education. However, I recommend that he first takes classes his civic
education, and anything in the psycho-neurosis department would be of very
significant help. The poor retard realy needs serious help and I'm dead
serious about this statement.

Anyway Sigga, I'm not going to drag this issue any longer or stoop any
lower than I already have so let me cut this short here till I see some
brighter stars at the end of the rainbow, in what would have been still
regarded as the "smiling coast of West Africa". Let's keep our fingers
crossed and hope for the betterment of our people.Take care and keep up
the good work. May God the Gambia.

                                                 Regards,
                                                 Mr Makaveli.