GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:40:55 -0000
Joe,

This is quite an early morning jolt. I couldn't have said it better if you
paid me. I agree with you entirely. Yaya and his boys are having a field day
because so many of our people are either cowards, or hypocrites. Anytime
ordinary Gambians put their foot down, the APRC thugs bolt. Do you know that
in the by-elections held two weeks ago, Baba Jobe and his band of thugs
quickly retreated -twice- when they were confronted by a UDP Watch group in
Kiang? One of the guys looking out for the UDP down there (and who took part
in both face to face confrontations,) told me that if they had a car and
fuel, they would have prevented the crooks from dangling money bags in front
of hungry penniless  farmers. But the problem was, when the UDP people step
up to stop their dirty tricks in Kaiaf, they would bolt to neighboring
Geneiri, or Kolior down the road by car. The UDP simply couldn't keep up.
But, the point is, when push comes to shove, and there are no gun-weilding
"security" people around, it's always the APRC thugs who hit the road. So,
you're totally right about how people don't have to be abducted.

On a side issue, your's truly had to play Peace Maker on Saturday between
your boy Lie Conteh (yes Chairman, KSMD) and Baby Sam. Boy, I've not used my
muscles so much to prevent two people from exchanging blows since High
School. And you won't believe the cause.

Thanks for your piece. The message needs to be drummed into the head of
every decent Gambian.

Good morning.

Saul.