GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:22:40 -0500
The way the opposition is handling the misfortune of our fallen heroes is
quite admirable. If anyone deserves our respect, it is the people (including
the injured) that were involved in this tragic event. They put their lives
on the line everyday opposing Yaya and defending the powerless in our
society. It is no sacrifice to be on the side of the APRC. What is a
sacrifice, is opposing animals that will not hesitate to murder school
children in broad daylight. This will further show that Yaya and his cohorts
are so insensitive to the plight of ordinary Gambians, that they will even
continue a battle with the dead. They are like Japanese cave men still
fighting the Second World War. Their day will come (sooner than they think).
The despicable behavior evinced by the APRC in this case should not just be
attributed to Yaya. His MPs and other officials should share part of the
blame. This should be a wake up call to the opposition MPs. This should show
them that their colleagues from APRC do not even have the back-bone to exert
common decency on Yaya. I sincerely believe that these people have very
little differences with animals without emotions. I know that personally it
saddens me a great deal if I read here that people lost their loved ones.
People that I have never met before. It gives me immense pain and ruin my
days when I hear that people lose their family members and friends.  It is
therefore incomprehensible to hear that the APRC MPs did not even have the
decency to honor the people they worked with and know personally. The people
that died are not ordinary Gambians. They died fighting for the rest of us
just like our children that died on April 10 and 11. They might have been
shunned by the vermin leading the APRC regime, but God will welcome all of
them like heroes from a Jihad. The only losers will be the murderous APRC
regime. It is no accident that these people died doing God's work.
Inaugurating a place of worship is a great deed. God will provide for the
families of all the victims. They do not need charity from Yaya and his
cohorts. Like the Wollof saying goes: this is the case of a sorcerer killing
you and then coming to the funeral to grieve with the families. We do not
need them.
Together, we can take care of ourselves and conquer these animals. The
opposition just have to remain vigilant. The APRC's elections commission has
already indicated that they are prepared to hold by-elections in the
constituencies of our fallen heroes. Less than three days after the deaths
(God have mercy), these people were preparing to replace the MPs. I say: not
so fast. I would respectfully urge the opposition to look into the matter
thoroughly before they succumb to the shenanigans of the IEC. We should
first of all determine when the next elections are due. If Parliament is
going to be dissolved before September, then we need not have by-elections
now. Because I have not been following the ever changing elections
time-table, I cannot definitively say that by-elections are not mandated by
the law under these circumstances. I will appreciate any enlightenment in
this regard. The 'efficiency' with which the IEC is conducting itself when
UDP seats are in jeopardy is being closely watched. We demand the same type
of efficiency when APRC seats are at risk.
KB