GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:06:34 -0600
Continuation:

A week later, the old man pulled out the same bundle of sticks and
asked his sons to break it; two on each end of the bundle. With little
exerted effort, the bundle was quickly a done deal of small pieces.

The happy sons all went in chorus:

With Unity comes strength; With division, we crumble.
No man is an Island; We all need one another.
The crabs cannot rise to the surface of the waters
because their legs pull one and another down,
all to sink in doom to the bed-rocks of the sea.

From the far the enermy snows in a slumber
While we flourish with or without dad
Closely brothers that cannot be penetrated
By any force of stinginess or hypocrisy
Now and forever we live in togetherness.

The cats and dogs fight with sharp claws
While the snakes puffed onto one another
We remain unshaked brothers
Singing the songs of unity and love
Till we meet God! And till we meet dad!

The happy dad put his hand on the eldest son's shoulder, and said "My
Lovely sons, you are all ready to be real men now. In the name of God,
I bless you all."

 He groaned aloud with a smile, collapsed and died as a contended father.

By YJ

--
yj

There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい