GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
baboucarr jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 21:46:07 -0400
Lamin,

I did raise this issue on the L at the opportune time but due to the
insensitivity of the APRC government,it was hi-jacked.The so-called IEC did
in fact peddle the idea of enabling Gambians in diaspora to exercise their
franchise in the coming elections but was quickly scrapped after it became
apparent to Jammeh and his crew that they have virtually no support
abroad.If this status-quo was otherwise,  Jammeh would have left no stone
unturned in enfranchising his would-be voters.There is absolutely no
question about this considering how desperate he is right now in magnetising
enough votes to survive the rough terrain ahead of him.

The IEC being a stooge and good at making flimsy pretext claimed amongst
others that 'lack of logistics'is responsible for scrapping the project.If
Senegal did it successfully,why can't we? Of course this is just a cheap
ploy to stiffle opposition votes as much as possible.'You can kill a
revolutionary but you can't kill a revolution',Martin Luther King. Peace.

Jobs.