GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:01:05 EDT
Ebrima,

My kudos to your sources again. They are right indeed, the pen is mightier
than the sword, and the pressure must continue.

Elhadj Mustafa Fye, the road for the perpetrators and the co-conspirators is
going to stretch from Gambian courts all the way to the Hague.

All those who have continued to prostitute themselves with this regime have
been warned time and again, that if they partake of the spoils of this high
handed government, then they will be judged right along with them. I think
they somehow did not, and still do not  believe it. However, judging from
some of the unbelievably stupid decisions this regime and it's supporters
have made and still continues to make, this is not at all surprising.
The line up to the Hague has not even begun yet, and these guys and girls
should enjoy their freedon now, because they are looking at long years of
incarceration for crimes committed against the Gambian people.Is there
anything that is worth such a fate?

I still find it amazing that supposedly intelligent people will fail to see
that they will be held responsible along with these lawless individuals who
have high jacked our country, if they continue to accept and hold  posts in
this regime, or to be part and parcel of their underhandedness.

One is either part of the problem or part of the solution in a situation like
this, and there are no in-betweens. The lines are clearly drawn, and no
Gambian can claim to be decent and yet be part of the Jammeh machinery.That
has become abundantly clear.
The argument of good people caught in a bad situation is not going to do it
anymore ,because when good people find themselves caught in a bad situation,
and if they have a conscience, if they know the difference between right and
wrong, if they are God fearing and law abiding, but most important of all, if
they are human beings who are guided by human decency, then they will walk
away from the bad situation, because it is the only logical choice.

Any other choice besides this then, puts  them in the category of those
who,after  having recognized the truth, have  decided to shut their eyes,
ears and hearts to it and carry on as part of this oppressive, murderous and
unjust machinery for reasons that are truely beyond human comprehension.

What sane human being i ask you, can believe then that they will not be held
responsible for their choices? Gone are the days when governments can maim,
pillage and murder and then just fade into oblivion afterwards.When they can
pillage and swindle their national coffers and then retire to some obscure
place to enjoy their blood money.Let wise people take heed.

Jabou Joh

 Gambia-L:

 The e-mail below has again come one of my authoritative sources in the
 Gambia. Again, I hope Yaya Jammeh would not change his mind if he realises
 that his intention to sack Kebba Ceesay has once again been leaked to
 Gambia-L. Anyway, read my source's e-mail below:

 Ebrima

 Ebrima,

 Kebba Ceesay, who was appointed less than three months ago, as the Director
 of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), will also be fired. Yahya Jammeh
 will finally appoint his influential relative, Abdoulie Kujabi, the current
 Deputy Director of the NIA, to replace Kebba Ceesay as the new Director of
 the NIA.

 The entire Civil Service and the Security Apparatus of Yahya Jammeh will
 soon disintegrate, thanks to Jammeh himself. Please just continue to apply
 the pressure from outside. We at home are also doing our part. There is no
 letting up now. By the way, efforts are underway in Banjul with the help of
 "friends" to have the Crude Oil Saga taken up by President Obasanjo in
 conjuction with the Nigerian government's investigations of the Abacha
 regime and his loot of the Nigerian Treasury.

 As soon as I have the proper address and/or e-mail. I will make it available
 to the L for a letter writing campaign to have President Obasanjo personally
 supervise this particular issue so that the proceeds from the Crude Oil deal
 are returned to the Nigerian people.