GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:10:41 EDT
        From :  Lamin Darbo <[log in to unmask]>  Reply-To :
[log in to unmask]  Sent :  Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:36 PM  To :
[log in to unmask]  Subject :  Re: [>-<] Dr. Saine pulling on many legs
(javascript:S('getmsg','','','','','A2518009-B54B-44D4-96D7-F477F5CAB157','','','prev',''))

(javascript:S('getmsg','','','','','A2518009-B54B-44D4-96D7-F477F5CAB157','','','next',''))  |
(http://by114fd.bay114.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg?msg=A2518009-B54B-44D4-96D7-F477F5CAB157&start=0&len=17420&msgread=1&imgsafe=n&cu
rmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&a=b4cac9f98f915d42121042f1972187293
923ead5b285c0348901585e1e#)  | _Inbox_
(javascript:HM('curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001'))

I am also calling on all Gambian  organizations and their leaders in the
Diaspora to reconcile their  differences and lay the foundation for a stronger
international  association in order become important players in charting Gambia’
future.  We must learn from our mistakes and press  forward. …. The  Diaspora
must hold an international conference this summer,  possibly in Late July or
early August in New York,  St.Paul,Raleigh, Atlanta,Seattle or London.
Organizations  and compatriots in Europe and the US should Hold countrywide
conferences first to draft  an agenda for the larger August Meeting. Each regional
organization  could then send a representative or two to the agreed venue.  I urge
all Gambian organizations in Europe and the US to begin the process.  Let us
use our media and internet outlets to discuss strategies and  chart out a
blueprint for what we wish to see happen at the  conference and in The Gambia
itself.

 Dr Abdoulie Saine

Yero:

Your mail alludes to the  above from Dr Saine’s interview

Since you floated this very  idea some months ago, I wonder what rationale
underlies this  particular thinking. Like you, Dr Saine’s proposal is lacking in
 serious and substantial justification.

If I remember correctly,  your reference to such a conference was along the
lines of a  necessity for national reconciliation. Alongside the “opposition
leaders”, are you minded to invite our healer-President to such a  national
reconciliation jamboree?

Since Dr Saine is not here  to address issues regarding an undefended
proposal, why do you,  and Gainako, take a similar view that the political Diaspora
should concern itself with such a conference at this point in  time?

If you are not the  originator of the idea, why do you think you are
adequately  positioned to midwife such  a proposal?

LJDarbo

Yero Jallow <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:

[ This  e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Yero Jallow"  ]

http://www.thegambiaecho.com/Homepage/tabid/36/articleType/ArticleView/article
Id/554/Default.aspx
(Courtesy of the Echo)

Haruna, Joe, Karim Sanneh,  Karamba, Coach, K. Foon, M.Jeng, Christine
Sakuna, Saihou  Mballow, Bambalie, Banka and the many others by their
beautiful names, Dr. Saine is pulling on your legs on the  later part of his
interview. I am sure your absence from the  floor is not merely business. If
so, let it ring. We had  enough time to argue here. It is time to act on it.

Good  job to the previous work and service rendered. Public figures must  be
strong for the insults, though rarely compliments, if at  all any. If we can
all tighten our belts, hell yea we can do  it.

“When there is no struggle, there is no progress.”  Frederick Douglas.

Haruna, don’t jump on my neck for I have  a muscle cramp. (You  laugh!)